Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yay for avoiding work!

(At the dinner table, parents + grandma + aunt are talking in Chinese. I manage to catch a few words here and there.)
Me: (hearing them talk about aunt's (non-existent) kids) Are you talking about kids?
Mom: Yeah. Did you know, we can predict how many kids you're going to have?
Me: What, you mean with that weird... hand... game... thing? Didn't you do that on me once?
Mom: ... I think we did.
Me: Yeah... didn't I get like, four or something?
Aunt: (looks at me incredulously) xDDD
Dad: What?? Wasn't it only three?
Me: Close enough.
Grandma: Wait—why would you predict her?? She's not even married yet!
Mom: (indicating aunt) She's not married either. xD
Grandma: Look at her age, and look at her age! There's a difference!



For the record, my aunt is at the most only three or four years younger than my dad. At the most. I think she's older than that.

In other news, I have a half-eaten mostly-eaten piece of KitKat bar in my bag at the moment. Blame Jacob for distracting me so much that I absentmindedly ate approximately 80% when I was originally planning to eat most of it at home. :c

... I think I'll get that out right now, actually. Even though I just ate dinner.

Back. Yum, chocolate. ♥

So, now that I've got a nice piece of chocolate bar on the desk beside me, time to resume our regular schedule.

Anthro feels vaguely like what university might be like. Lots of note-taking and sitting and listening and occasionally hilarious activities. Also, I've discovered that our class either doesn't like to share stuff, or doesn't have a clue how to answer most of her questions because they're only taking this as a BS course even in Grade 11. Perhaps it is a mix of both. But either way, this is a typical day in our Anthro class, about two or three times a class:

Woo: (hands out an information sheet) Alright guys, who wants to read?
(crickets)
Woo: ...
(moar crickets)
Woo: ... Nobody? :c

And she just ends up reading the thing herself. |D

Similar thing happens with asking/answering questions, but usually after a long silence, a single person just goes like "screw it" and throws out an answer just to get the class moving along. We're such good students y/y. |D

When she asks for one word answers and stuff though, nobody bothers with hands. Usually we just shout out random stuff.

And there is a little excerpt on what my week-and-a-half-long-so-far Grade 11 Anthro class is like. Apparently very weird.



I have to write a report for Japanese class. In English. An interpretation of the Japanese song we're doing for our karaoke project.

On the upside, PRESENTATIONS ARE THIS SATURDAY!~~~ ♥ So pumped to get up and sing and dance in front of a class again, even if the rest of my Japanese class isn't. (I think I'm still the only one who doesn't view this project as dawn of the apocalypse or something, which I find kind of sad.)



I have to learn my part for Hide and Seek for Vocal Fusion. By tomorrow. When I only learned of this lovely development yesterday. This is a problem.

It is extremely difficult to decipher the second soprano part from the piano mp3 file that we were provided with. If I can't get it, then I guess I'll have to skip over those parts and ask tomorrow. Bleh.

Also, we're going to have Wednesday rehearsals and also dinner rehearsals, extending till 7PM what is this i don't even. Hopefully I will not get a shitload of work to do in March/April or I am majorly screwedddd.



... Ew co-op app. Ew Anthro essay. Ew Japanese report. Ew learning new music. (Yay Kryl apparently not being present for the rest of the week and leaving us with approximately 20 minutes of work to do each day in the span of an hour-and-fifteen-minute period. I mentioned this to my dad and he has also gotten the impression that Civics is boring.)

No comments:

 
&. borders of reality - Blogger Templates by Templates para novo blogger