Saturday, February 19, 2011

... Or maybe not.

Burning the copper wire or the magnesium ribbon can't possibly be a combustion reaction because neither has both hydrogen and carbon. I don't think. So that hypothesis was totally wrong. ._.

How to write an acceptable thesis? My essays apparently suck. I'm better at creative writing. D8

Richerface asked me via commenting on my last post why I don't like fire. I'm not quite sure how to answer that. I mean, I guess the primary reason is because it's dangerous, but that doesn't really explain why I'm afraid of a mere Bunsen burner flame or even the stove in my own house (seriously). Yes, I realise it's irrational and could possibly be labeled pyrophobic/arsonphobic, but I'm not that worried since it's not severely interfering with my life or anything, I don't think. I mean, I don't particularly like using the stove, but I still can (and have in the past) used the front burners (reaching over an open flame to get to the back burners freaks me out though). And besides, it's not like I'm afraid of heat or the stove itself or anything; the fact that I bake occasionally should be sufficient enough proof of that. It's just the flames that I want to stay faaar away from.

... Blehh, hate Chemistry. :c

2 comments:

michh said...

OMGOMGOMG!
i love fire :D
<3
LMAO, should have seen me during optics unit when you light a lot of candles xPPP

michh said...

ohohoh!
btw, i think burning the copper/magnesium is synthesis cause you add oxygen and it produces something...new :D

 
&. borders of reality - Blogger Templates by Templates para novo blogger