Friday, February 25, 2011

Regarding teachers.

Today, I discovered that Ms Woo is a huge Mario fan. Apparently, someone cut in front of her while driving today—twice, in the span of about two minutes—and she was so pissed that she "wanted to throw a turtle shell at them. A red one, because those are the ones that chase you around. Or a banana peel." This segued into a (clearly very productive) class discussion about Mario, and she commented that "I kind of want to play now... I think I'll do that tonight. You know, just pull out my Nintendo DS, have a bit of fun." She also got defensive when she saw our clear amusement about this revelation, and she insisted that "just because I'm a teacher doesn't mean I can't enjoy video games! I can even bring my DS to school to prove it. I bet I can beat you in MarioKart. >D"

We did a lab in Science today. At the end of the period, I was rushing because I needed to get to Anthro and almost ran out of the room still wearing my safety goggles. Yeah, I'm slick. In the end, I basically had to run halfway across the room three times to fetch paper towels and clean equipment and give my textbook to Shander and pack my bag and replace the goggles and blahhh. Hazlewood was watching the whole thing and was deeply amused. ("You going to go to your next class with your safety goggles on?" "... RIGHT. Thought I was forgetting something. o.o" "|D That'd be hilarious though." "Thank you for your valuable commentary.") Coupled with my nigh inability to open simple things such as film canisters and oven doors, as well as my immaturity and hyperactivity in general, which nearly led to accidentally spilling six-molar hydrochloric acid all over Shandershon's hand (among other things) the last time we did a lab, I think it's safe to guess that he thinks I'm an idiot now.

Kryl seems to stare at me a lot when she gives lectures at the front of the room. At least, when I'm paying attention. Of course I don't do Science homework in Civics, what are you talking about.

... Now that I think about it, I don't know why Ms Woo is the only teacher to whom I refer with a title. (When not talking directly to them of course; bit rude to call teachers solely by their surname to their face. Even Delbi gets "Mr Delbi".) Maybe it's the slight similarity to Ms Wong. Although less so than Ms Wang, I'm sure. |D

Personally, I'm still not used to calling teachers simply by "sir" or "miss" unless it's a supply, and I don't think I ever will. On the other hand, the eleveners that surround me in Anthro all call Ms Woo "miss", so this may or may not rub off on me in the near future (in that class at least).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whut.

You never spilled anything on me. What are you talking about?

O_O;;

xDDD

Rachel said...

Key word: "nearly".

Besides, I was acting like I was sugar-high when that happened. (Which I probably was but THAT'S NOT THE POINT.)

mich said...

lmaooo! gg
:D
i call delbi, just delbi 8DD

 
&. borders of reality - Blogger Templates by Templates para novo blogger