Monday, November 22, 2010

... Well this isn't good.

So today, I was working on my self-insert fic because I was bored, and then I was wondering how people would react if I actually posted it somewhere for public viewing. (It probably wouldn't go over well, to say the least. xD)

And then I wondered if my self-insert character was a blatant enough Mary Sue, so I skipped on over to the lovely and ever-informative TV Tropes and looked at their list of Common Mary Sue Traits.

The first one: "What personality? In these cases, it's fairly blatant the author is just writing the character for amazing stuff to happen to instead of a character that actually exists as a person. Obviously, this is only a Mary Sue trait if what happens gives the character special powers, fantastic romances, or somehow lets her be a big damned heroine; otherwise it's just another faceless first-person perspective."

And then I was like, "Okay good, so my self-insert character does fit the bill." And then: "Wait... what? But if this character is almost exactly based on myself, and has no personality..."

Yeahh.





Practised Lullaby of Broadway just now. ♥ Need to learn how to sing in tune while dancing like a maniac all over the place.

Oh, I tried lyrical dancing in Comm Tech today, when Angie (not Tangerine) started complaining to me about how she can't dance. Then I got stuck on "milkman's on his way." The best I could do was simulate carrying a giant crate of milk bottles and putting down bottles on people's doorsteps. :c

Milkmen (milkpeople?) are a really old concept, I just realised. Nowadays people just get their milk in bags at the grocery store.

Apparently Americans find it weird that Canadians (well, some of us anyway) get their milk in bags. I'm just like, "You Americans don't have milk bags?? Butbutbut... isn't that normal? o_o"

Yeahh. Culture differences ftw. Even if it's just a minor one. xD

Sarah killed my hand over the span of a good half-an-hour this lunch. And she kept slapping my leg, I was literally limping by the time I got up to go to Comm Tech. .___. THANK YOUUUU SARAH.

It's going to rain again tomorrow. >:/

... Sometimes I think that I should be liking the rain, it being my namesake and all, but in actuality... not really. :/

DON'T GET AROUND MUUUCH ANYMOREEEE. ♥

I wish the grade tens (NOT TENERS >:o) had that as an option. Tanyerson told me that last year, when we were in grade nine, it was a grade ten solo, and this year, when we're in grade ten - GUESS WHAT - it's a niner solo. RAAAAGE. >:/

Today, the topic of Yuedi came up again. Sarah was talking about how her face was turning green a long time ago. And then the topic went to makeup. I tried doing my math homework. I was somewhat successful in that endeavour.

DAAAARLING I GUESS~ MY MIIIIND'S MORE AT EASEEEE~ BUT NEEEEEVERTHELESS~ SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE THE LYRICS BEEN INVITED ON DATES. (doo doo doo doo doo) ♥

I'm so lame.



PS. Jackie Evancho. Search her up on Youtube. Be in shock.

1 comment:

[心怡] - vanessa said...

Rachel has plenty of personality! Enough to be an established main character, in fact. o:

... also, that bit at the end reminds me: where in the world is Yuedi? It's like trying to find Waldo.

 
&. borders of reality - Blogger Templates by Templates para novo blogger