Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In Florida, yo.

A Holiday Inn in Jacksonville, to be exact.

(I hate the keyboard on my dad's laptop. Keep making typos. >:c)

Yesterday was not fun.

First of all, mom dragged us for almost 5 hours round an outlet mall, and we bought shoes and clothing and suitcases (xD) and stuff. Also, I ate Subway.

That wasn't that bad considering I had my almighty iPod and all I basically had to do for 5 hours was follow my mom and hold stuff. And not whine. (That was harder.)

But yeah, we stayed longer than my dad thought we would, so it was pretty much dark by the time we got back on the freeway and went to the first hotel of the trip. (Some golf resort place.) We followed the GPS's directions to the hotel, but ended up on some abandoned road with the surrounding area full of one-story trailer-like houses that looked really old and terrible and cheap. So naturally, we were like WTF and drove around, trying to find this so-called "hotel" but there wasn't a main building or a front lobby or anything in the area, and it was dark and cloudy and creepy and generally one of those places where it would seem like the lights in the windows would flicker on and off by themselves and you'd run over a dead body or something. Kinda reminded me of those CSI Miami episodes where people walk around in the dark and be ambushed and their bodies are randomly found by the CSI people the next day. Then, having thought of that, I was like "Oh shiiiiit, what if this was like, some kind of trap that a gang of serial killers or something made up and they lure POOR UNSUSPECTING TOURISTS to this CREEPY ABANDONED TRAILER PLACE and murder them and arrrghhhhhh"

While I was sitting in the backseat thinking of trailers and serial killers and dead bodies, my parents were trying to figure out what the heck was going on, and then my dad remembered that he had the hotel's phone number. So we called them and some nice dude gave us directions to go back on the freeway and take a different exit, and then we just followed the signs from there and ended up at the RIGHT hotel that actually looked like a hotel and not some creepy horror movie.

Apparently we weren't the first ones to screw up the location, since something about the postal code and there was a warning on the website (which my dad CONVENIENTLY FORGOT TO LOOK AT) about GPS's failing and all that. But either way, I got four gigantic poofy pillows all to myself in the hotel bed, so it's okay. :D

Today, nothing much happened. Drove for practially all day (mom made a point in having me count the states we drove through) (it's six, by the way: West Virginia, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida) and we almost got lost when some traffic accident sealed off the freeway, but then we stalked a FedEx truck that was going in the same direction so it's all good.

Tonight for dinner, I ate at this fast food place called Krystal, which CLEARLY we don't have in Canada. And I'm kinda glad, because it's pretty pointless. Basically they serve a bunch of tiny burgers instead of one large one (I got four; apparently that's the "default" meal, sorta like Big Mac for Mcdonalds or Whopper for Burger King). It tasted okay, but it was all mushy and half-melted, which was kind of gross but also kind of delicious at the same time.

Free internet at the hotel, yes. But dad said the hotel we're staying at tomorrow in Orlando (we're driving more ARGHH) you have to pay for the internet, so I don't think I'm going to be able to blog again in a long time (the internet on the cruise ship - nearly wrote shit there FAIL TYPING SKILLS - costs money too).

Tomorrow we're going to Kennedy Space Centre, and Friday is WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER YESSSS ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Sandy, I will try to bring you back a non-edible souvenir, only because I don't think food will survive the week-and-a-half trip in a stuffy car back to Canada.

4 comments:

[心怡] - vanessa said...

Aaah, have a great time, Rachel! ♥

Don't burn your feet on the cruise ship deck. I did that once, it was traumatizing and it hurt.

FANGZ said...

You sound like you're having a great time. Glad to hear it.

Take pictures. And show me. I've never been on a cruise.

- Fandi

Anonymous said...

WAH RACHEL COME BACK I MISS YOU ALREADY WAHHHHHH

But yeah, have a great time. I'm so stupid, I forgot you had to 'road trip' first, which equals hotels/motels which equals INTERNETZ. And equals blog posts but

WAHH I MISS YOU!!!!

michh said...

WAHHHH!! D:
WHATS YOUR SCHEDULE?!? D:
DOES FANDI HAVE IT?
anywayyyss, my schedule is:
sem1-civics and careers, math, music, lunch, science
sem2-comm tech, english, food and nutrition, lunch, history

oh oh! i hope you're having a great time on your awesomey road trip/cruise thingy! 8D

P.S. i might have commented twice of the same ish thing;P

 
&. borders of reality - Blogger Templates by Templates para novo blogger